USE OF INFORMATION
We may use your personal information as follows:
1. To fulfil your order and administer your account.
2. Occasionally notify you about updates to our website.
3. Occasionally notify you of offers or products that may interest you.
We will endeavour to protect your personal data against unauthorised use and keep the information we hold about you accurate.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We DO NOT disclose your information to any outside bodies. We DO NOT sell it on to any third party organisations. Your personal data is for the sole use of London Private Hospital.
CHANGES TO POLICY
This policy may be revised over time as new features are added to our website. If London Private Hospital in the future decides to change the way in which we use your personal data from that stated at the time it was collected, then we will inform you and give you the choice as to whether we can continue to use your personal information in the new manner.
We will only send you marketing messages where you indicate that you consent (i.e. by “opting-in”) to receiving such messages. Where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so, we may:
• Send you information by email about existing and new services and special offers from us;
• Send you information by email about related products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you; and
• Pass your details to selected third parties so that they may send you information by email about products or services that may be of interest to you.
To stop receiving marketing communications from us, you can use the ‘unsubscribe’, ‘stop’ or similar facility contained in any such communication or you can email us at the email address set out in “Contact Details” below stating that you do not wish to receive further communications from us.
IS PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARED?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes unless you have specifically given us permission to do so.
We may pass information about you to other parties as follows:
• To third parties working on our behalf such as our employees, contractors, suppliers and/or agents including without limitation our customer care teams to administer the Services provided to you by us now or in the future. However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the services and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes;
• Where we have your consent to do so, for marketing communications;
• As part of general statistical information about the Services’ user base, sales patterns, traffic volumes and related matters. These details will not include information personally identifying you;
• Where relevant, the user name and some profile information you voluntarily provide may be published on areas of the Services such as forums, chat rooms or pages where user submissions are displayed and this will be the identity by which you are known on those areas. Please always think carefully before disclosing information to other users or otherwise making your information publicly available.
Please note this policy does not cover companies, services or applications that we do not own or control, or people that we do not employ or manage, including (without limitation) third party websites or applications/widgets (e.g. from “social media” platforms such as Facebook or Twitter) which we link to or offer via our Services, nor does it cover advertisers. Also, it does not cover certain pages and services provided via our Services which are hosted, managed and operated by other parties. These services, applications and third parties may have their own privacy policies and/or terms and conditions of use, which we recommend you read before using any such services. These third parties and services are wholly independent of us and are solely responsible for all aspects of their relationship with you and any use you may make of such services.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies are used for site administration purposes. If you do not wish to take advantage of cookies your browser can be set to not to accept them. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
YOUR RIGHTS (RE THE EU GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION)
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
GIVING & WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT TO BE CONTACTED
In certain circumstances, we may need to have your consent to contact you.
• We may ask for your consent, for example, when you fill in one of our contact forms and you provide your consent by ticking the box on the form.
• We also keep a record of your consent until we no longer need to.
• You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
Access To Information: Porting & Providing You With Confirmation Of What Personal Data We Process
You may instruct us at any time to confirm or port (transfer) any of the personal data we process about you. Please tell us the following:
• What information you require to be ported or confirmed e.g. all your personal data or a specific detail.
• Whether you want to port your personal data or confirm what personal data we process, or both.
• What format you would like your personal data to be confirmed in e.g. spreadsheet, PDF, Word doc etc.
• Which email address you would like us to send it to, or if not email, an alternate electronic medium or system.
• When you would like to receive it i.e. a date and time.
• Any urgency associated with the request.
We will endeavour to carry out your instructions within 30 days of receiving your request, but this is subject to your having provided us with all the detail above along with any other relevant information that is necessary to be able to carry out the work.
Also, if you would like us to port (transfer) your personal data, please be aware that if we don’t think your chosen medium and format will be secure, or put your personal data at risk, we will tell you and discuss alternatives with you.
PURGING (DELETING) YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may also instruct us to purge (delete) any and all information we hold about you at any time.
We will endeavour to do this with respect to your wishes and compliance with the applicable laws of England and Wales and or EU laws and regulations i.e. GDPR.
We will endeavour to delete all the information we hold about you in the time frame you request, but depending on the nature of your request, and any third parties involved, this may not be possible.
You can instruct us to do this at any time by contacting us.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You can and should instruct us to correct or update any personal information we hold about you e.g. if you change your name or address for instance.
You can instruct us to do this at any time by contacting us.
FINDING OUT MORE ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS UNDER GDPR
You can find out more about your rights according to GDPR by visiting the Information Commissioner’s website.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. Where reasonably possible we use industry-standard technology to allow for the encryption of sensitive information.
Non-sensitive details (your email address, etc.) are transmitted normally over the internet, and this can never be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Please always think carefully before disclosing information to other users or otherwise making your information publicly available. It is important that you are aware that any information you disclose to another user may then be disclosed by that user. We have no responsibility or control over the contents of communications made between users of our Services.
USAGE AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Who processes your personal data
We are the controller of the personal data in the meaning of the Regulation.
When necessary for performance a contract or to comply our obligations, we can transfer your personal data to another subject, for example to carriers and persons involved in the performance of the contract or in compliance with our obligations. We can delegate also other processors and recipients of personal data. At your request, we will inform you about concrete processor of your data. Your personal data will not be transmitted to a state outside the European Union, unless it is necessary for performance of the contract or when necessary for another reason which is in compliance with rules of such transfer which are imposed by Regulation.
Your personal data are processed by:
Royal Mail Plc;
DHL Parcel UK limited;
DHL Express Limited;
The Doctors Laboratory (TDL)
Harmonic Medical Sonography
The Wright Initiative
HOW WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
Personal and other collected data are highly protected against any misuse. Personal data will be processed electronically in an automated manner or printed in a non-automated manner.